PHE5015 Week 5 Assignment 2 Research Paper
Assignment 2: Research Paper
This week, you will continue working on your research paper. Discuss the following topics as you add new issues to the paper:
At this point, you should be taking your work from the previous weeks and combining all the information into your final paper.
Your paper should be 15 to 20 double-spaced pages in length excluding the title and reference pages. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Utilize at least 7 to 10 scholarly sources in your research. Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
In your research paper:
- Provide an introductory background of the selected research topic.
- Describe the selected research topic, health-related state or event. Describe the disease, disability, or chronic condition.
- Describe the population at risk or affected by the disease, disability,or chronic condition.
- Describe, in detail, the epidemiology of your selected health-related state or event (e.g.disease, disability,chronic condition)
- Describe the occurrence, signs and symptoms, and control of your selected health-related state or event (e.g.disease, disability,chronic condition).
- List the steps that might be used to investigate and address the disease or public health problem described in the selected research.
- Using the information obtained about the disease or public health problem.
- Describe an epidemiologic study type to investigate the selected research topic, case study, or event. You may recommend a study approach based on the circumstances around the outbreak or event.
- Discuss how surveillance data, as well as monitoring and control measures, were, or can be, used to identify and characterize the disease or public health problem.
- Describe and analyze the outcomes and results in the selected research topic, including interpreting epidemiologic study findings, if reported in the case study.
Name your document SU_PHE5015_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
On a separate page, cite all sources using APA format.
Submit your paper to the W5 Assignment 2 Dropbox by Wednesday, October 4, 2017.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Introduced the topic, provided an overview of the research paper topic, and included a historical background of the selected topic.||
|Discussed the basic epidemiological concepts, methods, and applications of the study in general and those specific to the selected topic.||
|Discussed the major themes and questions surrounding the selected topic, including epidemiological study methods, techniques, and approaches, as well as data collection, statistical measures, and analysis.||
|Reviewed and analyzed the relevant literature and other sources of scholarly information specific to the selected topic.||
|Discussed the contributions of the selected topic to public health.||
|Discussed the domestic (US) health relevance and implications.||
|Discussed the global health relevance and implications.||
|Provided a coherent presentation including an introduction, and a conclusion; logical transitions throughout the paper.||
|Provided an introduction and a conclusion.||
|Used correct spelling, grammar, and professional vocabulary and cited all sources using APA format.||