PHE5020 Biostatistical Methods SU01 Week 2 Discussion
Week 2: Discussion Assignment
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ initial posting. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Cite sources in your responses to other classmates.
Parametric vs. Nonparametric Methods
The purpose of this assignment is to differentiate between parametric and nonparametric statistical methods. In addition, this assignment will help you understand and implement parametric or nonparametric statistical methods.
Using the South University Online Library, the Internet, and your text readings, research the following statistical topics:
- Levels of measurement
- Parametric and nonparametric methods
On the basis of your research and understanding, respond to the following:
- Find and state the definition of levels of measurement that distinguishes the five types of data used in statistical analysis.
- In your own words, compare the five types of data and explain how they differ.
- Find and state a definition of parametric and nonparametric methods that distinguishes between the two.
- In your own words, explain the difference between parametric and nonparametric methods.
- Explain which types of data require parametric statistics to be used and which types of data require nonparametric statistics to be used and why.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of using parametric and nonparametric statistics.
- Describe how the level of measurement helps determine which of these methods to use on the data being analyzed.
- Post your response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned. Respond to at least two posts by the end of the week.