Texas Tobacco prevention and Control Program Essay.
Our writers will deliver plagiarism-free paper on this assignment. Order with us today!
Details:Texas Tobacco prevention and Control Program. 1. Briefly summarize the mission statement and goals of the Texas Tobacco prevention and Control Program. 2. list two or three of the program objectives. 3. Do the objectives relate logically to the goals and mission? Critique each objective.
Here’s a snippet of the essay.
The Texas Tobacco Prevention and Control Program (TPCP) were established by the Texas Department of Health (TDH) with the core mandate of fighting tobacco use in the state of Texas. The Vision of the TPCP is “A Tobacco-Free Texas” The Mission of the TPCP is reducing health effects and the economic toll that tobacco may have placed on the citizens of Texas.
As outlined in the 2008-2013 strategic plan the TPCP major goals include the following:
- Preventing the youth tobacco use
- Increase tobacco cessation among the youth and adults
- Eliminate the exposure to second hand smoke
- Reducing tobacco use among diverse and special populations to eliminate tobacco related disparities.
- To develop a sustainable, comprehensive, and coordinated statewide tobacco control and prevention initiative.
The TPCP is driven by several tobacco control objectives. These following are some of the objectives.
- To increase the state and federal funding for the evidence-based tobacco prevention initiatives.
- To increase the access to effective cessation services through reducing financial barriers.
- To increase coordination and collaboration of data collection and sharing
The TPCP seems to have goal driven objectives. Bateman et al. posits that there should be a direct relationship between goals and objectives of every organization (2011, P. 54). Most of the objectives relate logically to the goals and mission of the TPCP. For instance, the first objective is in line with the goal of developing a sustainable, comprehensive, and coordinated tobacco prevention initiative. This would be actionable in the sense that sustainability would not be achieved without funding. The second to reduce access to cessation services would be important in executing the goal of increasing tobacco cessation among the youths. Finally increasing coordination and collaboration of data collection and sharing would be crucial in ensuring that all the goals are coordinated towards a common mission of reducing health effects and the economic toll that tobacco imposes on the citizens.