External and Internal Environments for Apple Inc Essay.
Our writers will deliver 350 points in this assignment. Order with us today!
Choose an industry you have not yet written about in this course, and one publicly traded corporation within that industry. Research the company on its own Website, the public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database (http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml), in the University’s online databases, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Choose the two (2) segments of the general environment that would rank highest in their influence on the corporation you chose. Assess how these segments affect the corporation you chose and the industry in which it operates.
- Considering the five (5) forces of competition, choose the two (2) that you estimate are the most significant for the corporation you chose. Evaluate how well the company has addressed these two (2) forces in the recent past.
- With the same two (2) forces in mind, predict what the company might do to improve its ability to address these forces in the near future.
- Assess the external threats affecting this corporation and the opportunities available to the corporation. Give your opinions on how the corporation should deal with the most serious threat and the greatest opportunity. Justify your answer.
- Give your opinion on the corporation’s greatest strengths and most significant weaknesses. Choose the strategy or tactic the corporation should select to take maximum advantage of its strengths, and the strategy or tactic the corporation should select to fix its most significant weakness. Justify your choices.
- Determine the company’s resources, capabilities, and core competencies.
- Analyze the company’s value chain to determine where they can create using the resources, capabilities, and core competencies discussed above.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify how the six segments of the general environment affect an industry and its firms.
- Identify the five forces of competition.
- Analyze the external environment for opportunities and threats that impact the firm.
- Analyze the internal environment of a company for strengths and weaknesses that impact the firm’s competitiveness.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business administration.
- Write clearly and concisely about business administration using proper writing mechanic.
Here’s a snippet of the essay.
Apple Inc. is an electronic based Fortune 500 company that was co-founded in 1976 by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. The corporation deals with designing, manufacturing, and selling iPhone, IPod, Mac, and iPad. Over the years, Apple has achieved tremendous steps in the software and hardware industry. The company may be well known for its strong brand and promotional strategies. However, Apple faces a range of market and industrial challenges, and just like any other company, it is affected by both external and internal factors in the business environment. This analysis employs established tools and techniques to explain the external and internal conditions within the company. Strategic problems within the company are then identified, alternatives are explored, and recommendations are made.
External and Internal Environmental Analysis
Five Forces of Competition
The five forces in the model comprise1) threat of entry, 2) the threat of substitutes 3) threat of rivalry, 4) threats of powerful suppliers, and 5) threats of powerful buyers.
Threat of Entry
In terms of threat of entry, it is a reputed fact that Apple essentially dominates the individual electronics industry. On this particular force, find the relentless effort in which Apple puts to fruition into R&D. all of the products at Apple are unique, competitors have even stated that Apple has a very unique merchandise offering. The threat of entry is usually relatively low, attributable to the fact that the company Apple has ways to constantly differentiate its products from its rivals. Apple also offers such a diverse product line that it can afford to lower costs due the economies of scale. All these tenets promote Apple’s dominance on the market with respect to new market entrants (Apple, 2014).
Threat of Rivalry
Apple also doesn’t need to worry excessive about the threat of rivals. This was incorrect prior to the introduction in the iPod and new iPhone 4. Before the iPod touch and iPhone came along, most organizations in the consumer electronics industry constantly strive to produce both new and unique products in the R & D market. The problem for the majority of organizations in this kind of industry is in which Apple had essentially the most success with this kind of before other corporations. Once Apple presented the iPad as well as iPhone, it quickly raised to the top and gained advantage over rivals for example Samsung. Of course, it didn’t halt there for Apple, as the firm continuously innovated and introduced services to the market place. This is a great transition point into your third force, this threat of substitutes (Bateman & Snell, 2009).